- "Macroeconomic Crises since 1870," Comment on Barro and Ursła, Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (Spring 2008), 341-350.
- “Market Organization and the Prices of Financial Assets,” The Manchester School Supplement (September 2006).
- “Option Pricing: Real and Risk Neutral Distributions,” in J. R. Birge and V. Linetsky, Financial Engineering, Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science. Elsevier/North-Holland.
- “Understanding the Equity Risk Premium Puzzle,” in R. Mehra (ed.), Equity Risk Premium, Handbook of Investments, Volume 3 in Handbooks in Finance. Elsevier/North-Holland, forthcoming.
- "Transaction Costs and the Pricing of Financial Assets," Multinational Finance Journal (June 1997), 93-99.
- "Portfolio Theory," in: R. A. Jarrow, V. Maksimovic, and W. T. Ziemba (eds.), Finance, Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science, Volume 9. North-Holland, 1995, (with A. G. Malliaris).
- "Optimal Investment Strategies for University Endowment Funds: Comment," in Clotfelder, C. T. and M. Rothschild (eds.), Studies of Supply and Demand in Higher Education. University of Chicago Press, 1993.
- "Theory of Valuation: Overview and Recent Developments," in: S. Bhattacharya and G. M. Constantinides (eds.), Theory of Valuation: Frontiers of Modern Financial Theory, Volume 1, Totowa, N.J. Rowman and Littlefield, 1989.
- "Comments on Stock Return Seasonality," in E. Dimson (ed.) Stock Market Anomalies Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- "Call and Conversion of Convertible Bonds: Theory and Evidence," Proceedings, Seminar on the Analysis of Security Prices, CRSP, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago (November 1986) 35-69 (with B. D. Grundy).
- "The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence: Discussion," Journal of Finance (July 1985) 791-792.
- "Debt and Taxes and Uncertainty: Discussion," Journal of Finance (July 1985) 657-658.
"To Pay or Not to Pay Dividend: Discussion," Journal of Finance (May 1982), 470-472.
"Optimal Bond Trading with Personal Tax: Implications for Bond Prices and Estimated Tax Brackets and Yield Curves," Journal of Finanace (May 1982), 349-352 (with J.E. Ingersoll).
"Cash Demand, Liquidation Costs, and Capital Market Equilibrium under Uncertainty: Comment," Journal of Financial Economics (June 1976), 295-296.
- "Optimal Portfolio Revision with Proportional Transaction Costs: Extension to HARA Utility Functions and Exogenous Deterministic Income," Management Science 22 (April 1976), 921-923.