Published and forthcoming papers
- Income and Wealth Effects on Private Label Demand: Evidence From the Great Recession 2017, Marketing Science (forthcoming) (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Peter Rossi)
- The Joint Identification of Utility and Discount Functions From Stated Choice Data: An Application to Durable Goods Adoption 2014, Marketing and Economics, 12 (4), 331-377. (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Pranav Jindal)
- State Dependence and Alternative Explanations for Consumer Inertia 2010, RAND Journal of Economics, 41 (3), 417-445. (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Peter Rossi)
- What Makes You Click? - Mate Preferences in Online Dating, 2010, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 8 (4), 393-427. (with Ali Hortaçsu and Dan Ariely) Appendix
Note: We split an earlier version of this paper (“What Makes You Click? - Mate Preferences and Matching Outcomes in Online Dating") into two pieces. This paper focuses on mate preferences, whereas the companion piece "Matching and Sorting in Online Dating Markets" discusses the implications of mate preferences for online and offline sorting patterns.
- Tipping And Concentration in Markets with Indirect Network Effects 2010, Marketing Science, 29 (2), 216-249. (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Pradeep Chintagunta)
- Matching and Sorting in Online Dating Markets 2010, American Economic Review, 100 (1), 130-163. (with Ali Hortaçsu and Dan Ariely)
- Do Switching Costs Make Markets Less Competitive? 2009, Journal of Marketing Research, 46, 435-445. Finalist, 2010 Paul E. Green Award (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Peter Rossi)
- Measuring Long Run Marketing Effects and their Implications for Long Run Marketing Decisions; 2008, Marketing Letters, 19 (3-4), 367-382. (with Bart Bronnenberg, Jean-Pierre Dubé, Carl Mela, Paulo Albuquerque, Tülin Erdem, Brett Gordon, Dominique Hanssens, Han Hong, and Baohong Sun)
- Category Pricing with State Dependent Utility 2008,Marketing Science, 27 (3), 417-429. (with Jean-Pierre Dubé, Peter Rossi, and Maria Ana Vitorino) Finalist, 2008 John D. C. Little Award
- An Empirical Model of Optimal Dynamic Product Launch and Exit Under Demand Uncertainty 2006, Marketing Science, 25 (1), 25-50.
Winner of the 2007 Frank M. Bass Dissertation Paper Award. Appendix
- An Empirical Model of Advertising Dynamics; 2005, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 3, 107-144. (with Jean-Pierre Dubé and Puneet Manchanda)
- Recent Advances in Structural Modeling: Dynamics, Product Positioning and Entry 2005, Marketing Letters, 16 (3-4), 209-224) (with Jean-Pierre Dubé, K. Sudhir, Andrew Ching, Gregory S. Crawford, Michaela Draganska, Jeremy T. Fox, Wesley Hartmann, V. Brian Viard, Naufel Vilcassim, and Miguel Villas-Boas)